- Is it necessary to present the EU COVID Digital Certificate or a negative test to stay at a Hotel?
Yes. All guest except children under 12 must present the EU COVID Digital Certificate or a negative test result at check-In. This requirement is valid in Portugal (except islands) regardless of the county’s risk level where the tourist establishments are located.
- Are children required to present a EU COVID Digital Certificate or a Negative Test to access the tourist and catering establishments?
Children under 12 are exempt from the obligation to undergo screening tests for SARS-CoV-2 infection for the purposes of this regime.
- Is it necessary to present the EU COVID Digital Certificate or a negative test for access the catering establishments?
Yes, but only on Fridays from 7 pm onwards as well as all day on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. It’s required to present the EU COVID Digital Certificate or negative test to have a meal inside a restaurant located in one of the high or very high risk countries. It’s not necessary to present the Certificate or negative test if the restaurant has a terrace.
- What types of tests are supported?
The EU COVID Digital Certificate is admitted: only those who certify that the respective holder has already been fully vaccinated by one of the vaccines authorized by the EMA for more than 14 days are allowed.
Recovery certificates: only those who certify that the bearer recovered from the COVID-19 disease for more than eleven days and less than 180 days are considered valid.
i) The laboratory performance of the nucleic acid amplification test (TAAN) within 72 hours prior to its presentation (PCR);;
ii) The performance of a rapid antigen test (TRAg) verified by a certified entity within 48 hours prior to its presentation (Test done by a health professional in a laboratory or pharmacy)
iii) Carrying out a rapid antigen test (TRAg) in the self-test form in the 24 hours prior to its presentation in the presence of a health professional or pharmaceutical area who certifies that it has been carried out and the respective result;
iv) The realization of rapid antigen test (TRAg) in the self-test form at the moment at the door of the establishment or space whose frequency is intended with the supervision of those responsible for them..
- How’s the procedure for carrying out the self-test at the door of a tourist establishment or a restaurant?
The customer must take the test at the door under the supervision of an establishment to whom the result is displayed. The customer can enter if the test is negative and must keep the device with him during the time he’s in the establishment for the purpose of display in any inspection action.
- Do I need a negative test every time I go to a restaurant when I’m staying at the hotel?
No, it’s only necessary to present at Check-In.
- I’m not being accommodated at the Hotel and I want to enjoy the SPA services of that Hotel. It’s necessary to take a test or present the EU COVID Digital Certificate?
No, it’s not required to present the EU COVID Digital Certificate or a negative test at the spa entrance.